Looking for the best window fan? Our expert comes out with top 10 best window fans in 2019 after 72 hours research. You need the best window fan which are durable, reasonable budget, high-quality material construction & smooth running for your home application.
Fresh air, clean environment, ventilation, and a comfortable temperature is required, in order to make your space comfortable to live. During hot summer days, the temperature rises and makes the overall environment reasonably uncomfortable. In the dry days, the air becomes comparatively hot, sweating is likely and the individuals may feel uncomfortable.
Poor ventilation leads to stale air which includes odors caused by cooking, smoking and especially odors from the bathroom. Lack of ventilation not only causes stale air and discomfort but it also expresses a negative impact on the health of the people. Respiratory illnesses are likely to be caused by poor ventilation.
The best solution to all the problems caused by poor ventilation and high temperature is the installation of window fans. Window fans are installed on the windows which improve the ventilation of the house and also maintain a comfortable temperature without making you spend a lot of money. You can check out our previous reviews for the best folding shopping cart, steam iron & tea kettle.
Comparison Table of Window Fan
Top 10 Best Window Fan Reviews
1. Holmes HAWF-2041 Budget Twin Window Fan
This is another efficient window fan that will provide you with a cool breeze during hot summers. It will improve the ventilation and will also get rid of the unpleasant odors or smells that might be trapped in your home. The best thing about this window fan is that it maintains the ideal temperature of the room with its manual thermostat. You will be able to achieve a comfortable and fresh environment with the use of this window fan.
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 25.7 x 13.3″
- Item Weight: 7.5 pounds
- Three-speed settings: It has a low, medium and high-speed settings. You can adjust the speed due to your need.
- Comfort Control Thermostat: You can manually set the thermostat in order to maintain the desired comfortable temperature.
- Expandable screen: It is designed in a way that it fits the windows of all sizes.
- Water-resistant motors: The water-resistant motors make it safe to use in rain.
- It is energy efficient and utilizes 60% less energy.
- It has electrically reversible flow.
- Three-speed settings.
- It can be used vertically and horizontally as well.
- No remote controls.
- The thermostat has to be manually set.
- It doesn’t have an LCD screen that shows the temperatures.
2. Bionaire 8.5-Inch High Quality Window Fan
This is one of the most well-known window fans because of its high performance and efficiency.
It exhausts the hot and stale air from the inside and brings in cool air from the outside. It is a double window fan so you can set each of the two fans to independently exhaust air and to bring in cool air. You can operate it manually or automatically as well. You can maintain the required temperature with this window fan.
This window fan is recommended the most because it has all the features that you look for in a window fan. Along with that, it is a high-performance window fan that provides you with the efficiency that you are in search of. It will not only provide proper ventilation but will also prevent you from getting respiratory illnesses.
- Dimension: 25.5 x 14.1 x 6″
- Item Weight: 8.4 pounds
- Independently controlled blades: You can set the blades independently according to your choice. One of the blades can be set to exhaust and one can be set to bring in the fresh air.
- Three-speed settings: It has low, medium and high-speed settings. When you want instant cooling, you can opt for high speed, throughout the day you can use medium speed and during the night low speed is beneficial.
- Programmable thermostat: You can adjust your desired temperature with the programmable thermostat.
- Remote control: You can set the speed of the fan with the remote control easily.
- Warranty: It comes with a nice warranty.
- LCD screen: The LCD screen shows the required temperature.
- Water Resistant Motors: The water-resistant motors make it safe to use when it is raining.
- Maximizes cooling efficiencies.
- It can be used vertically and horizontally as well.
- Built-in adjustable extender.
- Three-speed settings.
- It might be noisy for some people.
3. Holmes Dual Blade Twin Window Fan
Hot summer days with scorching heat make the overall environment of your space very warm and dry, which is difficult to live in. In order to get a cool breeze, the Holmes dual blade twin window fan is the perfect choice because of its amazing functioning and smart features. It is ideal for rooms up to 500 sq. ft. The window fan is designed to fit in the windows of all sizes. Since its operation is quiet, you can easily use it in your room without getting annoyed or disturbed.
- Dimension: 22.7 x 11.7 x 5.3″
- Item Weight: 5.25 pounds
- Versatile Air Flow: You can easily switch from intake to exhaust by turning the fan around in the window.
- Two-speed settings: It has a low and high-speed setting. When you need maximum cooling, you can set it on high but when you need less cooling and ventilation, you can set it on low.
- Adjustable screen: It is designed to fit into windows of all sizes with its adjustable screen.
- Water resistant motors: The water-resistant motors make it safe to use in rain.
- Energy Efficient.
- Fits in windows of all sizes.
- Safe to use in rainy weather.
- Provides powerful cooling breeze.
- It has only two-speed settings.
- It doesn’t have an LCD screen that shows the temperature.
4. Air King 9166F 20″ Window Fan For Whole House
This single window fan can be used for proper ventilation and for maintaining a comfortable temperature at home or even at work. The best thing about this window fan is that you don’t have to remove it when closing the window, the window can be closed behind it when needed.
It works perfectly for smaller rooms and even for larger rooms. If you are searching a high-quality window fan then you should definitely get your hands on this product.
- Product Dimensions: 26.8 x 11.2 x 26.2″
- Item Weight: 33.4 pounds
- Three-speed settings: You can adjust the speed to low, medium or high according to your need.
- Size: It doesn’t fit it all windows, it only fits in windows that are between 27-inches and 38-inches.
- 1-phase motor: The motor is rated at 120 Volts and 1/25-horsepower.
- Front-mounted rotary control: It is used to select the desired speed.
- Power cord: It has a black power cord that is 7-foot long.
- Powerful motor.
- It provides high-velocity air circulation with little or no maintenance.
- It comes with storm guard sliding panels.
- It also comes with instructions.
- It doesn’t fit in all sizes of windows.
- The settings are manually set.
- It doesn’t have an expandable screen.
- It is heavier than most window fans.
5. Lasko 2155A 16″ Electrically Reversible Window Fan
This modern looking single window fan is the solution to all your ventilation problems. It makes the environment comfortable by bringing in cool air and exhausting stale air. It comes with expandable panels yet it cannot be installed on all windows. You can set up it anywhere you want and it will provide you with a cool breeze. It will function amazingly at home or even at your workplace. It is highly recommended for those people who are in search of a window fan that will provide proper ventilation and a comfortable temperature.
- Dimensions: 26.5 x 8.2 x 22″
- Item Weight: 11.55 pounds
- Speed: It has 3 intake and 3 exhaust speeds.
- Rust resistant: It has white powder coated grills.
- Side panels: It has expandable side panels, it fits windows that are 26.5 to 36.5 inches wide and 22 inches high and larger.
- Windows can close behind the window fan.
- Storm guard allows you to close the window for weather protection.
- Expandable side panels.
- It doesn’t have a control comfort thermostat.
- Slightly heavy as compared to other window fans.
- It doesn’t have an LCD screen to show temperature.
6. Air King 9155 Window Fan
This single window fan is very efficient and high performance. With its powerful motor, it provides a great cooling effect on the space that you have installed it in. Since it is already assembled, it will be even easier to install it to your desired place. You can use it in your room, living room and even in your office because of its amazing functioning. It is great for office use because its operation is quiet and it will not disturb you while you are working. If compared to other window fans, it is less noisy at all speeds.
- Dimensions: 26.5 x 8. X 22.2″
- Item Weight: 6.7 pounds
- Size: It fits the windows who have height 22 inches, and who have a width of 26 inches to 34 inches.
- Cord: It has a black cord that is 7 foot long.
- Material: Constructed of high impact styrene housing, ABS plastic blade, and metal front grill.
- Air circulation: It provides powerful air circulation that gives proper ventilation.
- It is rust resistant.
- Provides powerful air circulation.
- It cannot fit in all sizes of windows.
- It might be very noisy for some people.
- Some people might have trouble with its motor.
7. Genesis 9 Inch Blades Twin Window Fan
This is another double window fan that will make your space comfortable and fresh. A fresh and clean environment is always necessary to breathe fresh air but it is not always available. This window fan will make sure that you breathe fresh air. It has a wide range of features that may suit your need and it is better than other window fans because of its durability, portability and advanced technologies that many window fans, lack.
- Dimensions: 4 x 24 x 12″
- Item Weight: 8.4 pounds
- Three-speed settings: Unlike some window fans, this window fan has three-speed settings which you can set according to your need.
- Max cool technology: It has a built-in thermostat with ranges from 60 to 80 degrees.
- LED Lights: You can track the temperature with these.
- Dual motors: It has durable copper motors that endure through all weathers.
- Expandable side panels: Since his window has expandable side panels, it has the ability to fit in all windows.
- Reversible air flow: It is designed for simultaneously intaking and exhaustion of the air.
- Great for household fan and even for the rooms.
- It is portable.
- Comes with removable legs and can also act as a floor fan.
- It is easy to carry.
- It has versatile features.
- It is noisier as compared to other window fans.
- It doesn’t have remote controls.
8. COSTWAY Twin Window
This smart looking twin window fan is a must for you if you lack proper ventilation. It will get rid of all the odors, smoke, and unwanted smells from the house while providing a fresh environment to breathe in. It is a perfect window fan for you to maintain a comfortable temperature in hot weathers. The best thing about this window fan is that it has removable legs which allow you to use it on the floor as well as on the window. In case you need extra cooling, you can put it on the floor near you. It is highly recommended for you if you are looking for a powerful window fan.
- Dimensions: 21.5 x 5 x 11″
- Item Weight: 6 pounds
- Dual-blade operation: It has a dual-blade operation which provides a maximum cool breeze.
- Two-speed setting: It has a low and high-speed setting which you can set according to your personal preference.
- Legs: It includes legs with which you can use it as a floor fan.
- Adjustable screen: It has an adjustable screen that helps secure the fan in large windows.
- It is lightweight as compared to other window fans.
- Saves energy.
- It has a modern look.
- It has a smaller size.
- It doesn’t have remote controls.
- It doesn’t fit into windows of all sizes.
9. Bionaire BW2300-N Twin Reversible
The best thing about this window fan is that it is a certified refurbished product. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. It has the capacity to draw in cool air and exhausts hot air.
It is a modern design and has electronic controls. It doesn’t require manual setting as compared to other window fans. It is much quieter even on the high speed so you will not get disturbed with its use. It is highly recommended because of its smart features and amazing functioning.
- Dimensions: 25.5 x 14.1 x 6 inches
- Item Weight: 8.3 pounds
- LCD: The LCD screen shows the temperature of the room.
- Remote controls: It has remote controls which allow you to easily set the settings according to your choice.
- Thermostat: The thermostat turns the fan on and off in order to maintain a comfortable temperature.
- Size: It fits windows that are 24 to 27 inches.
- Three-speed settings: You can adjust the speed according to your need.
- Provides a comfortable temperature to be in.
- It doesn’t require manual setting as it has electronic controls.
- It can be used vertically or horizontally.
- It cannot fit windows of all sizes.
- It doesn’t have legs so it cannot be used as a floor fan.
10. Holmes HAWF2021 Dual Blade Twin Window Fan
This double blade window fan is available in white color. It can easily fit in a window with screen. You can use it as an exhaust fan and you can also use it for cooling purposes. It has the ability to throw out hot and stale air while it brings in the fresh air. The overall environment of the room gets fresh with the use of this window fan.
You will be able to feel the difference in the temperature of the room where this window fan is installed as compared to other spaces. Sometimes, the kitchen gets heated up as well due to the heat of the stove so you can install it in the window of the kitchen to get rid of the hot and the odors caused by cooking. It is highly recommended for you if you are fond of cooking and you are looking for a window fan for your kitchen.
- Dimension: 22.7 x 11.5 x 5.3 inches
- Expandable panels: It has expandable panels that allow it to adjust to windows.
- Reversible air flow control: It allows you to manually reverse the fan for intake or exhaust.
- Easy installation: You can easily install it to the window that you want.
- Two-speed settings: You can set the speed to low or high according to the time of the day and according to your need.
- It allows you to manually set the air flow.
- It is lightweight.
- It is durable; hence, it will last you for a long time.
- Some people might have problem with the expandable panels.
- It is manually reversible.
Whenever you are looking for any product, there are some factors that you need to Consider. It has a direct impact on your need and your budget. So, before you make your final decision, have a look at the factors to consider in order to make a rational decision. If you do not want to end up buying a product and then later finding out some of its features that don’t suit your need. Let’s quickly have a look at them.
Facts To Consider For The Best Window Fan To Buy
Different products are manufactured and launched by different companies. These products have different models as well, some of them are latest while others may be old. The price of the various products varies according to the company that manufactured the product and according to the model of the product; latest or old.
There are expensive window fans and there are affordable window fans available as well. Now you have to figure out how much money you can invest in it. Once you know your budget, it will be easier to make the final choice.
One thing that is usually overlooked by the users is the durability of the product. Users mostly focus on the functioning and the model of the product. Product material is an important factor, it matters lot. Window fans are usually made with plastic and they are durable as well. Most of them are storm resistant and will last you for a long time. The window fans must be made with high-quality materials so that they last for a long period of time.
Water Resistant Motors
Most of the window fans have water resistant motors. It is important that you get window fans that have water resistant motors because the window fans are supposed to be installed on open windows. There is a chance that the window fans will be exposed to rain. If the motors of the window fans are not water resistant there is a chance that the window fan will stop working.
The weight of the window fans is also very important. You need to get a lightweight window fan because heavy window fans are difficult to carry and store. The lightweight window fans are easy to carry from one place to another.
Most of the window fans have different speed settings. Some of them have only two-speed setting that is high and low while some of the fans have three-speed settings that include low, medium and high. The speed can be adjusted following your need. If you need an instant cooling effect then you will need high speed but throughout the day, low speed can work out as well.
Different houses have different sizes of windows. The screen of the window fan must be expandable so that it fits the window properly. If not, then you need to get a window fan that matches with the size of your window.
With the advancement of technology, new and advanced features of different equipment are introduced day by day. Similarly, the window fans also have remote controls, they can be controlled with remote controls without any hassle. You don’t have to manually set the speed setting because the remote controls help you do it in an easy way.
Automatic shut-off timers
The different window fans have automatic shut-off timers. When the temperature of the room is maintained, they shut off automatically. It will keep on working until the required temperature is not reached.
We hope that this list of factors to consider will give you a clear idea of what options are available for you and what are some of the important things that you need to keep in mind. Now, in order to provide you with further information and clarity regarding the window fans, we have prepared a list of the best window fans that will show you the details of the products and you will be able to choose the best one according to your need.
When you are in search of any product, certain questions might arise relating to the product in your mind. After providing you with the factors to consider, a detailed description of products, we have come up with some basic FAQs. These will surely answer the questions that you might have.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Windows Fan
Q1) Can the intaking and exhaustion of the air take place simultaneously?
Ans) Yes, there are double window fans that which have a reversible airflow control. You can both the fans independently. On fan will allow the cool and fresh air to come in while the other will throw the hot and stale air out, completing the exhaustion process.
It depends upon your need. The fans can work for intaking, they can work for exhausting and they can independently work for intaking and exhausting simultaneously. However, all the window fans don’t have this ability.
Q2) Can the windows be closed with the window fans fitted in?
Ans) Yes, some of the single blade fans allow the windows to be closed behind them so you don’t have to manually take out the fan and close the window. It keeps the window fan safe and also gives you peace of mind.
However, some of the fans don’t have this ability. In order to close the window, you have to manually take out the fan and then you can close the window.
Q3) Can window fans get wet?
Ans) Yes, there are window fans can get wet in rainy weather. The window fans have water resistant motors and they also have a rust-resistant outer. It is likely that the window fans will get wet in rain, light rains will not harm your window fan so you can keep them running but in case of heavy rains, you should not keep the window fan running.
Q4) Should you turn off of your window fan at night?
Ans) It depends upon your personal preference. If you feel that the temperature is comfortable and you don’t need the window fan working anymore so you can turn it off. However, you can keep the speed of the window fan on low and you can let it run throughout the night because it will provide ventilation, comfortable temperature and it is not noisy on the low speed.
The window fans are energy efficient so you don’t have to worry about them consuming a lot of energy. Again, it depends upon your choice, but if it remains on, then there is no harm in it.
Q5) Can you install your window fan in the kitchen?
Ans) Yes, if your kitchen heats up and odors caused by cooking get stuck then you definitely need to install a window fan n your kitchen. It will allow you to cook comfortably and also, it will make sure that the odor doesn’t get tuck in the house.
Q6) Do the window fans work like Air Conditioners (ACs)?
Ans) No, the window fans don’t work like ACs but they do provide a cool breeze and they definitely lower the temperature of the room. Also, they are energy efficient and they require way less energy as compared to air conditioners.
Some very basic information of windows fan
The window fans are designed to fit open windows while providing proper ventilation. Some of them have expandable panels that cover the whole window. The window fans can have only one fan in one frame but two fans can be added side by side as well.
The window fans are installed on open windows, and they have various speeds. They can run on low, medium and high speeds depending upon the mood and need. Some of them can be controlled by a remote control and you can easily turn them on adjusting speed to your need.
Different speeds of the window fans
The window fans usually have two types of speed settings. One is the three-speed setting and the second one is the two-speed setting.
- Three-speed setting: The three-speed setting includes three speeds:
- High speed: When you are in need of instant ventilation and cooling effect, then you should set the window fan on the high speed. If someone smokes, or if you cook something that has a strong odor then you need the high speed for getting rid of the smoke and unpleasant odors.
- Medium speed: Throughout the day when there is no need of instant ventilation or cool breeze, you can keep the speed on a medium where it maintains the temperature of the room and keeps bringing in the fresh air.
- Low speed: The window fans are somewhat noisy when they function. They are least noisy at the low speed. During the night time, you can set at the speed at low so that the noise doesn’t disturb your sleep throughout the night.
- Two-speed setting: The two-speed setting includes only two speeds:
- High speed: Just like the three-speed setting, when there is a lack of ventilation on a hot and dry day, you can set the speed to high to bring the temperature of the room down and also, to bring in cool air into the room.
- Low speed: During the day, if you feel that the temperature is comfortable, you can set the speed to low. You can do the same at night time.
Benefits of Window Fans
Window fans have a great impact they can perhaps solve all your ventilation problems. These fans are versatile and provide a wide range of benefits. We are sure that you will not feel any discomfort after the use of window fans.
Maintain comfortable temperature
In hot days, when there is scorching heat, air conditioners fail to provide proper ventilation. The stale air and unpleasant odors remain in the room with the use of air conditioners. On the other hand, Window fans maintain a comfortable temperature in the room by providing proper ventilation as well.
Provide proper ventilation
Lack of ventilation leads to respiratory illnesses and it has an overall negative effect on the health of the people. It is necessary that fresh air enters the room while providing fresh and clean surroundings.
The window fans have the ability to throw out warm air and bring in a cooling effect to your space. It cools down the temperature of the room and also makes it comfortable. Sometimes, you are in the kitchen baking or just cooking for the family. There is a slight chance that the kitchen may heat up and it will have strong smells spread inside which will also spread in the house. The window fan will come to the rescue by providing a cooling effect, so you can easily make yummy meals and will also get rid of the smells that are unpleasant.
Unlike air conditioners, the window fans have a low cost so you don’t have to spend a lot of money. They function amazingly while maintaining a comfortable temperature and an odor-free environment, and the best part is that its cost is low. A window fan can act as a cheaper alternative to air conditioners.
A fresh environment of the room
It is very uncomfortable to stay in a space where there is poor ventilation. People breathe in stale air which is also harmful to the health. In order to breathe fresh air, it is very necessary to have proper ventilation and a fresh environment of the room.
Removes unpleasant odors
Odors get stuck in the space if there is no proper ventilation. Odors from cooking, smoking and even the odors from the bathroom create a very unpleasant environment. With the installation of window fans, you can easily get rid of these unpleasant odors.
The goal of creating this article was to provide you all with the necessary information regarding window fans. We know that how difficult it is to find out the best product available. We did all the research and came up with a list of factors to considers, a list of the products with all their details and lastly, a list of frequently asked questions.
We are sure that these lists will make your decision very easy and a rational one. You just need to figure out your budget and also your need so you can finalize the best window fan that suits with your need and budget.
We wish you all the best of luck and we hope that you will enjoy the cool breeze and fresh environment.