The good news is that your home office is now set up with a printer, computer, and a Wi-Fi network. You are all set to get to work and achieve professional (or personal) greatness.
Now, all you need to figure out is how to connect your Epson printer to Wi-Fi.
A struggle for all of us who are less than technologically inclined, this common issue can prevent you from accessing your documents in a timely manner.
Rest easy though, because this article details everything you need to know about connecting your printer to the internet.
So, follow along and discover how simple accessing Wi-Fi for your system can actually be.
In just a few easy steps you can be well on your way to printing off anything you desire with a well-established Wi-Fi connection. You only have to set it up once, so let’s get started.
- 1 Step By Step Process How To Connect Epson Printer To WiFi
- 2 FAQ’s Epson Printer Wifi Connection Problems
- 2.0.1 Why won’t it find my wireless network?
- 2.0.2 How do I connect my printer to Wi-Fi?
- 2.0.3 How do I set up my Epson printer?
- 2.0.4 Are there alternatives to the WiFi setup?
- 2.0.5 What do I do if it keeps disconnecting?
- 2.0.6 Why isn’t it printing?
- 2.0.7 Why can’t I print wirelessly?
- 2.0.8 What is the best Epson printer for wireless?
- 3 Final Thoughts
Step By Step Process How To Connect Epson Printer To WiFi
Here, we break down everything you need to set up your printer with the wireless setup in your home.
If you are a visual person, you might want to check out the helpful video to walk you through the steps below.
Obviously, you will need an Epson printer, a power source, and a reliable Wi-Fi network. Do you have all of these? Great, let’s get going.
- Turn on the printer itself. Find the power button and press it so it lights up. Leave it for a minute or so such that all the internal systems are firing properly and you don’t incur delays down the line. Sometimes, if you get going too quickly, the tech doesn’t have the necessary time to set itself up. The best thing is to let it establish itself before proceeding. All set? Let’s continue.
- Click on the home button on the top of the printer. It’s a part of the control unit on the face of your Epson printer. Shaped like a house, this is an essential part of navigating.
- Now, do you see the arrows that surround the OK button? Good, press the down arrow until you get to a setting called Wi-Fi setup. Once you’re there, press the OK button itself. This is where some people get stuck. The trick is to keep pressing OK until what you seek becomes clear. You’re looking for the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard. Press OK once more before proceeding.
- It’s going to search for the network in your home (or office). Make sure you’re dealing with the proper network. Once you see the name, click OK. It will prompt you for a password. Enter the Wi-Fi password into your printer.
- Give it some time. Technology takes a minute to think. Afford it this benefit.
- A screen then pops up that says “Setup Complete. Print Report?”
- Press OK once more
- Congratulations, your printer is officially connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Test it out. The best way to make sure everything worked properly is to try printing something using the Wi-Fi connection. Once you do this, you are certain everything is functioning as it should be.
If you need a bit more of a helping hand (or want to look into troubleshooting, check out the video here for some useful tips and tricks.
Chances are, the most you need to do is to reset the unit in the event of an issue. Basically, this means you should shut off both the Wi-Fi and the printer themselves.
Cut the power to both, leave it for at least a minute and restart them. Once you reactivate the power, let them sit for another full minute.
From there, simply repeat the steps above to get your system connected to the wireless network.
FAQ’s Epson Printer Wifi Connection Problems
When it comes to technology, there is no shortage of inquiries. Filled with small parts invisible to the naked eye, these convoluted machines are equally as frustrating as they are important.
The good news is that we have answers to the most common questions related to Epson printers. Read on and discover how easy using this technology really can be.
Why won’t it find my wireless network?
There are a few reasons your printer might not connect to a wireless network. The first is an issue with the printer itself. Consider turning it off and then turning it back on.
Go through the steps above to set it up with a wireless connection in your home. The other source of the issue could be with your network itself.
It may be a problem with your router placement itself. Sometimes, the signal gets lost in the noise and your printer can’t access the Wi-Fi, despite trying. In this case, consider placing the router closer to the printer itself.
How do I connect my printer to Wi-Fi?
Once you get going, the setup process is actually pretty simple. Read through the steps above and ensure that your printer and wireless system are ready to go.
To make it easier on yourself, check the status of your wireless connection itself. Provided it’s strong enough, you should have no issue setting up your printer with the network. Use the guidelines above to get your printer in motion.
How do I set up my Epson printer?
When it comes to setting up the printer itself, it is actually just as easy as setting up the Wi-Fi. That said, you need a few more supplies.
Ensure you have the right kind of ink cartridges and a sufficient amount of paper. Follow the user manual step by step (don’t deviate) and you can be up and running in no time at all.
Are there alternatives to the WiFi setup?
Of course, there are ways to use your printer without an actual wireless connection. Some options include an ethernet cable whereas others are sold separately.
If you want to circumvent issues with wireless, you need a hardwired connection to the main device.
Use the cable to plug one end into the printer and the other into your laptop or computer.
Once you do this, you have everything you need to print off your paperwork. That said, this definitely compromises your mobility.
Most prefer to use the wireless setup whenever possible. Follow the steps above to get this going.
What do I do if it keeps disconnecting?
This is likely as a result of an issue with your wireless network itself. If the connection goes out or weakens too much, the printer loses the signal and you have to go through the process once more.
Anything from a power outage to a lightning storm can influence these situations so the good news is that it’s no fault of yours.
To prevent this from happening, consider putting your printer near to your router and investing in a consistent and effective wireless system itself.
Why isn’t it printing?
Printing issues range from paper jams to empty cartridges, failed networks to internal system errors. Often, the printer shows a code if it’s an issue with paper or ink.
Sometimes, it is just a lag in the system meaning that, if you command a print multiple times, you will get a lot of printed copies down the line.
The first thing to do is wait. It may be a system delay. If not, try restarting all your electronics. If it is queued, then the printer runs it after restarting.
Otherwise, command the print once more. Of course, ensure that you check on the supplies including ink and paper.
Why can’t I print wirelessly?
Issues with wireless printers could be an issue with your computer, the printer, or your network. If it’s your computer, turn it off and back on before starting to command another print.
Look at the printer options in your system. Does it show a connected printer? If so, it is probably not an issue with the computer.
Next, check your network connection. Is it strong? If not, address the issue with the router. If it is, then look into a problem with the printer. Restart the unit, check the connection, and proceed once more.
What is the best Epson printer for wireless?
The best Epson printer is one that fits your needs. Depending on what you use it for, you need a heavy-duty colored unit.
In other cases, you require only a black and white, smaller-scale printer. Decide first what it is you seek from the printer and find one that fits the bill.
Though at first, learning how to connect your Epson printer to Wi-Fi can be tricky, you definitely can achieve the goal. As technology develops, things become increasingly user-friendly.
The good news is that you get the opportunity to use your printer to the fullest. With a Wi-Fi setup, you don’t need a cable; you can have your computer or laptop in a separate room and still function.
Since it’s connected to the internet (a virtually endless space), the world’s your printing oyster.
As long as your cartridge is set up, you have all the paper you need, and something you want to print, you are all set to print everything you desire.