Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) starts the online and offline IGNOU Admission 2021 process. Students and education seekers are advised to complete the IGNOU Application Process 2021. Candidates can check for the availability of IGNOU Registration Form online or at the nearest study centres. The application form is available for two examination cycles per year. Indira Gandhi National Open University releases IGNOU Admission Form in January and June. Candidates can fill their admission form at ignou.ac.in.
- About IGNOU Open University Admission 2021
- Why IGNOU is Best for Distance Education?
- IGNOU Admission 2021 – www.ignou.ac.in Admission 2021 Quick Updates
- Points to Note to fill IGNOU Application Form 2021
- IGNOU Eligibility Criteria
- IGNOU 2021 Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
- IGNOU Eligibility Criteria 2021 for UG Courses
- List of IGNOU Courses 2021
- List of Postgraduate IGNOU Courses 2021
- List of Undergraduate IGNOU Courses 2021
- IGNOU Credit System 2021
- IGNOU Admission Form –Important Dates
- IGNOU Admission Form 2021-Steps to Follow
- How to Fill IGNOU Registration Form 2021 (For Fresh Applications)
- Document required filling IGNOU Admission Form 2021
- IGNOU Admission Status 2021
- IGNOU Re Registration Form 2021
- How to fill IGNOU Re-Registration Form 2021
- IGNOU Study Material 2021
About IGNOU Open University Admission 2021
The National Open University is named after the former Prime Minister of India Smt. Indira Gandhi and was established in 1985. The varsity is world-famous for providing higher education to students and professionals in different UG and PG degree courses. Like every year, lakhs of candidates register for admission to Diploma, vocational, certificate, undergraduate, and postgraduate courses. Those searching for IGNOU Open University Admission 2021 must read this update and apply for admission this year.
Important Update on 01 June 2021 – Indira Gandhi Open University IGNOU has extended the last date for submission of assignments, project reports, internships, field work journals etc for IGNOU June TEE 2021 (term end exam). Now the June TEE exam assignment can be submitted by 15th of June. Let us tell you that earlier its last date was 31st May 2021.
Why IGNOU is Best for Distance Education?
IGNOU operates in 40 other countries besides covering 40 lakh students in India only. Indira Gandhi National Open University has established the biggest platform for learners who opt for distance education. Being the largest open-university globally, IGNOU offers the broadest spectrum of degree, doctoral, certificate, and diploma programmes to education seekers. Higher education seekers can either fill IGNOU Application Form Online or do the same by registering at regional study centres. The varsity also delivers the necessary study material by post straight to students’ address.
IGNOU Admission 2021 – www.ignou.ac.in Admission 2021 Quick Updates
The students who wish to take admission for the summer cycle can fill IGNOU Application Form 2021 in April, for the session shall start in July. As per recent updates, IGNOU Admission 2021 process for the summer cycle shall begin in April’s 4th week. Admission seekers can get details about various UG, PG, PG-Diploma, Certificate, Advanced Diploma, and Doctoral level programmes. IGNOU Open University conducts the admission process in two different sessions, i.e. January and July.
|Information Type||IGNOU Admission 2021|
|IGNOU Courses||UG, PG, PG-Diploma, Certificate, Vocational, Doctoral, and Advanced Certificate Programmes|
|Admission Cycles||January/Feb and May/June|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline Submission|
|IGNOU Regional Centres||67|
|Total Courses Offered||277|
|IGNOU Admission Last date of Application submission||April 2021 4th week (tentative)|
Aspired admission seekers must note the eligibility criteria, IGNOU admission process, registration, hall ticket, study material, result, and credit system. But first, here are some points that everyone must check before filling IGNOU Application Form.
Points to Note to fill IGNOU Application Form 2021
- Students need to make sure they have all the previous educational documents.
- They must have an active/registered email ID and contact number.
- IGNOU Admission Fee varies as per subjects taken through the Credit System. Students have to choose subjects from both Foundation and Optional Courses.
- If students cannot reach their regional study centres, they can fill the IGNOU Application Form Online.
- There will be a late fee for those who submit the IGNOU Open University Admission Form; the fee will be decided as per University rules.
IGNOU Eligibility Criteria
- The minimum criteria to fill IGNOU Admission 2021 Form are different with respect to different degree/diploma course.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for Admission.
- However, candidates need to fulfil other conditions like nationality, age, domicile, etc. in order to complete IGNOU Registration process. Check the detailed eligibility criteria for IGNOU Admission 2021.
IGNOU 2021 Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
|M.Sc. in Counselling and Family Therapy (MSCCFT)||Bachelor’s degree with a specialisation in subjects like Child Development, Human Development and Family Studies, Child Development & Family Relationships, Human Development & Childhood Studies, Psychology, Home Science, Social Work, Medicine or other allied disciplines.
Allied Disciplines: Sociology, Anthropology, Philosophy, Education, MBBS or equivalent qualification in Unani, Ayurveda, Nursing, Siddha or Homeopathy Medicines, Nursing etc.
|M.Sc. in Dietetics and Food Services Management (MSCDFSM)||B.Sc. (Home Science) specialization in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition.
PG Diploma in Dietetics & Public Health Nutrition or B.Sc. in Life Science, Microbiology, Medical, Home Science/Food Science & Technology, Catering, Pharmaceutical along with a DNHE/CFN/CNCC offered by IGNOU.
|MA in Rural Development (MARD)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university.|
|Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)||BTS/BA(Tourism)/B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Administration(BHM)/ Bachelor’s in Hotel Management (approved by AICTE)/ Graduation in any stream with a Diploma in Tourism recognized in the University system or by AICTE.|
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
|Master of Social Work (MSW)|
|Master of Social Work (Counselling)|
|MA (Philosophy) (MAPY)|
|Master of Arts in Political Science (MPS)|
|MA (Public Administration)|
|MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies (MGPS)|
|MA in Psychology (MAPC)|
|Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)||Bachelor’s degree in Library and/or Information Science or Associateship from DRTC/NISCAIR.|
|Master in Anthropology (MAAN)||
Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.
|MA (Development Studies) (MADVS)|
|MA (Adult Education) (MAAE)|
|Master of Arts in Gender and Development Studies (MAGD)|
|MA (Women’s & Gender Studies)|
|Master of Commerce (MCOM)|
|M.Sc. (Mathematics & Applications in Computer Science)||Honours Graduate in Mathematics with a minimum aggregate of 50% will be eligible for the course.|
|MA in Translation Studies||Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university with Hindi or English as the main subject.|
|MA in Distance Education||Graduation in any discipline
PGDDE from IGNOU for lateral entry into the second year of MA (Distance Education).
IGNOU Eligibility Criteria 2021 for UG Courses
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) (Revised)||Graduation with at least 50% marks for Unreserved Category and 45% for SC/ST/OBC/PH categories.
Graduation with 1-year Diploma in Library Science
Bachelor’s Degree with 2-years of working experience in Library and Information Centre.
|BA in Tourism Studies (BTS)||
10+2 or its equivalent or BPP from IGNOU
|Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)|
10+2 or its equivalent or BPP from IGNOU.
For B.Sc., 10+2 with science subjects or its equivalent.
|Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP)||Candidates need no formal education. They need to be at least 18 years of age.|
|Bachelors of Education||Graduation with minimum aggregate of 50% in graduation and/or post-graduation in Sciences/Commerce/Humanity/Social Sciences.
Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with a specialization in Mathematics and Science with 55% marks or equivalent.
5% age relaxation in the eligibility requirements for SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PWD categories.
Relaxation will also be given to Kashmiri students and war widows.
|B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic) (BSc N (PB)||10+2 with a 3-year Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with at least 2-years experience in the nursing.
10th class (Matriculation) or equivalent with a 3-years diploma in General Nursing and GNM with at least 5-year experience in the profession.
List of IGNOU Courses 2021
IGNOU Open University offers several UG, PG Diploma, Postgraduate, Advanced Diploma, Certificate, and Doctoral programmes in disciplines like Arts, Science, and commerce. The details to the admission catalogue are also available at IGNOU Regional centres.
List of Postgraduate IGNOU Courses 2021
|Courses||Fees (full programme)|
|MA (English)||Rs. 10,800/-|
|MSC (Dietetics and Food Services Management)||Rs. 32,400/-|
|MA (Rural Development)||Rs. 10,800/-|
|M.Sc. in Counselling and Family Therapy (MSCCFT)||Rs. 33,600/-|
|Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)||Rs. 10,800/- -Category 1
Rs. 13,200/ — Category 2
|MA (Political Science)||Rs. 10,800/|
|MA (Hindi)||Rs., 10, 800/-|
|Master of Social Work (MSW)||Rs. 32,400/-|
|MA (Philosophy)||Rs. 10,800/-|
|Master of Social Work (Counselling)||Rs. 36,000/-|
|MA (Education)||Rs. 16,200/-|
|MA (Sociology)||Rs. 10,800/-|
|MA (History)||Rs. 10,800/-|
|MA (Economics)||Rs. 14,400/|
|MA (Public Administration)||Rs. 10,800/-|
|MA (Psychology)||Rs. 15,600/-|
|MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies (MGPS)||Rs. 10,800/-|
|MA (Adult Education)||Rs. 14,400/-|
|Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)||Rs. 10,800/-|
|Master in Anthropology (MAAN)||Rs. 16,800/-|
|MA (Development Studies)||Rs. 10,800/-|
|MA (Distance Education)||Rs. 10,800/-|
|MA (Gender and Development Studies)||Rs. 10,800/-|
|MA (Women’s & Gender Studies)||Rs. 14,400/-|
|Master of Commerce (MCOM)||Rs. 13,200/-|
|M.Sc. Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science (MSCMACS)||Rs. 26,400/-|
|Master of Arts in Translation Studies (MATS)||Rs. 10,800/-|
List of Undergraduate IGNOU Courses 2021
|Courses||Fees (for full programme)|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) (Revised)||Rs. 6,000/|
|Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)||Rs. 14,400/-|
|Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP)||Rs. 1,200/-|
|B.A./B.Com/B.Sc.||B.A. & B.Com – Rs. 7,200/-
For B.Sc. – Rs.12,600/
|Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Studies (BTS)||Rs. 9,000/-|
|B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic)||Rs. 45,000/-|
|Bachelor Of Education (B.Ed.)||Rs. 50,000/-|
IGNOU Credit System 2021
IGNOU University follows a credit-based system based on which students can select different IGNOU Courses. Each course has different number of credits with each credit equivalent to 30 hours of enrolled student’s study.
IGNOU Admission Form –Important Dates
|Events||IGNOU Winter Session Dates||IGNOU Summer Session Dates|
|Admission Last Date||February 2021||June, 2021 (For UG/ PG/PG Diploma/ Diploma/Appreciation/Awareness)|
|IGNOU re-registration||December 2020 to February 2022||4th week of April to last week of September, 2021|
|IGNOU 2021 exam form release||October, 2021||June, 2022|
|Term End Exam Form Submission||January, 2022||June, 2022|
|Term End Examination||February to March, 2022||July, 2022|
|Release of hall ticket||Last week of January, 2022||10 days before the examination|
|IGNOU Results Declaration||April, 2022||August, 2022|
|IGNOU Result revaluation||May, 2022||September, 2022|
IGNOU Admission Form 2021-Steps to Follow
For the candidates registering for the first time and candidates already registered, check the steps below.
How to Fill IGNOU Registration Form 2021 (For Fresh Applications)
- Candidates need to visit the official website of IGNOU which is, ac.in.
- Follow the Link for IGNOU Admission Form for current academic session.
- Find and follow the link “Click Here for New IGNOU Registration” tab.
- Kindly, read the admission prospectus carefully filling your subject choices according to credit points.
- Begin with “Register Yourself” displayed in the login area.
- Enter your Username and Password and use the same for future references.
- Upload all the scanned copies of your educational certificates, and required documents.
- Submit your details after completing your IGNOU Application Form and verifying the entered details.
- Pay the admission fee after selecting your subjects and course credit-wise.
- Payment Option: Debit Card/Credit Card/ Internet Banking/ Mobile App (If Applicable)
Document required filling IGNOU Admission Form 2021
- Recent passport-sized Photograph.
- Age Proof/ Date of Birth Certificate.
- Documents related to Educational Qualification
- Category or Caste Certificate (for SC/ST/OBC)
- Income Certificate (For Economically Weaker Sections).
IGNOU Admission Status 2021
The IGNOU Open University takes some time to update Admission status of students which they can check after completing the registrations process. Once the application is submitted successfully, the university admission cell notifies students about IGNOU Admission Status via email or SMS. Alternatively, students can check their Admission Status through eh official website of IGNOU.
IGNOU Re Registration Form 2021
Those who have missed or forgot to apply for IGNOU Admission 2021, can reapply for this year’s admission in the second cycle i.e. June Cycle. The IGNOU Open University extends Registration window for every academic cycle. The students who fill IGNOU re registration form must take admissions to next semester or year. The re-registration for IGNOU admission for July session begins in the April’s 4th week. The last date of IGNOU re-registration 2021 for the July session is in September.
How to fill IGNOU Re-Registration Form 2021
- Steps for re-registration are similar, visit the official website, ac.in.
- Follow the link “Apply Online for Re-Registration Form”.
- Use the username and password that were assigned to you earlier.
- Enter the captcha code and press the submit button.
- Fill the re registration details and opt for the courses for the next academic session.
- Pay the admission fee either by PNB credit card, debit card, UPI, or Net banking.
- Generate hard copy of your Application form and keep it for future uses.
IGNOU Study Material 2021
The IGNOU study material for every year and semester is sent to the registered candidates via postal service to their registered residential address. The university sends the subject-wise study material and preparation books for assignments and examinations. The theory and assignment exams are based on the books sent by IGNOU Open University. The students can alternatively download study material by visiting the official website of eGyanKosh (www.ignouonline.ac.in).
For more information regarding IGNOU Admission, send your queries at: email@example.com.
Phone: 011-29533869, 29533870, 29572512, 29572513, 29572514.
Note: For any errors during form filling/registration, payment, or technical issues, kindly, contact: Phone 011-29572514.